At FixMeStick, we’re spreading awareness of National Cyber Security Month (NCSAM)! Let NCSAM resources guide your family’s discussion on cybersecurity and read our FixMeTips below.
Your children and grandchildren likely know how to operate most devices better than you do. However, they probably think less of security practices than you do. Here’s three #FixMeTips to keep in mind:
- Teach your youngsters the habit of keeping their accounts safe with secure and strong passwords. We rely on a massive amount of online accounts and services, each with their own password, like banking, school, online programs, news sites, and even the FixMeStick portal.
- According to several cybersecurity studies, people generally choose a favourite team or an easy set of numbers when creating a password. This is not secure. We can’t stress enough the importance of having complex and unique passwords for every site.
- Dashlane 6 will solve all your password problems — save on an annual subscription here. Dashlane secures your accounts by creating secure passwords for all your accounts so you don’t have to worry about your accounts again, giving you more time to spend with your family.
- Make backing up your pictures and documents a habit. If you get a virus it could be too late and you’ll lose all your precious memories and important documents.
- Back up your memories easily with Picture Keeper. With Picture Keeper all you have to do is plug it and it will back up all your photos and keep them safe. It’s easy to use and a good habit to foster.
- Review what makes a website suspicious and how to tell your being scammed. Teach them tips like how to look for https:// in the address bar, or how to avoid spoofing and typosquatting. It’s always best to run a FixMeStick scan once a month to have peace-of-mind knowing your computer is secure. Right now, everyone can get $10 off an annual subscription here to celebrate Cyber Security Awareness Month!
FixMeStick is happy to support National Cyber Security Awareness Month to promote safe online practices– subscribe to our newsletter here for FixMeTips all month long!